So this is basically the best banana bread recipe ever.... I challenge you to find one that tastes this good axing white flour & white sugar.
It's healthy enough for a lunchbox, and you can double the recipe and freeze these little beauties, making them a quick grab when lunch packing!
I'd love to hear your family feedback if you try my recipe : )
Bye for now,
Lunchbox Spelt Banana Bread
Makes 24 Mini loaves
· 1 C butter softened
· 1 ½ C coconut sugar
· 4 eggs
· 6 over ripe bananas **
· 2 ½ C organic spelt flour
· 1 ½ tsp Baking soda
· 1 tsp nutmeg
· 2 tsp cinnamon
· 1 tsp sea salt
· 1 C dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and season mini loaf pan with pure coconut oil spray or butter.
- In your mixer, whip butter and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Beat in bananas until smooth, and then add eggs in one at a time, mixing for 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl whisk your spelt flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon & sea salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix until well blended. Next add in dark chocolate chips and mix for 1 minute.
- Scoop mixture into mini loaf pan filling each well ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 mins until golden brown and you can stick a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean.
** Buy extra bananas and let them overripen on your counter for a few days, then throw in your freezer for banana bread. The uglier the bananas, the better the bread!
Copyrighted by Amplified Health & Beauty