This recipe is a family favorite and is full of flavor and anti-oxidants!!! If you wish for a spicier butter chicken, feel free to play with the spices and add more if desired. The portions listed in the recipe are on the milder side...
Better Butter Chicken
Serve over brown rice and pair with steamed broccoli
· 4 large quality chicken breasts cut into 1” chunks
· 3 TBSP coconut oil
· Salt & pepper
· 1 small onion diced
· 2 TBSP organic butter
· 3 cloves of garlic minced
· 1 TBSP garam masala
· 1 TBSP fresh ginger minced
· 1 tsp kosher chili powder
· 1 tsp ground cumin
· 1 14oz can organic tomato sauce
· 1 can of coconut milk
· 1/8 C coconut sugar
· Cilantro (for garnish)
- In a large wok, sauté chicken with coconut oil until lightly browned on each side. Take chicken out of pan and set aside.
- Add butter to wok along with the onion and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Now add garlic, garam masala, ginger, chili powder, cumin, sugar & tomato sauce and simmer for 5 mins.
- Add the coconut milk to the tomato sauce mixture and bring to a simmer. Add cooked chicken to the sauce and simmer for another 15 mins on LOW.
- Serve over brown rice, and pair with steamed broccoli.
Copyrighted by Amplified Health & Beauty