I'm forever trying to perfect recipes that my family loves, altering the ingredient list towards a healthier approach.
The challenge is to retain flavor and texture while still using unrefined ingredients.
These cookies have it all. They are lunchbox friendly (nut free), and are also free from refined sugar and flour, making them a healthier choice for kids (and adults).
· ¾ C Organic butter
· ¼ C Organic coconut oil (melted)
· 1 C Coconut sugar
· 2 organic eggs
· ¼ C maple syrup
· 1 TBSP vanilla **
· 3 C Organic rolled oats
· 2 C Whole grain flour (I use spelt or amaranth)
· ½ C Toasted coconut (unsulfured)
· 1 tsp Baking soda
· 1 tsp Cinnamon
· 1 C dark choc chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix wet ingredients until smooth in stand up mixer or with hand mixer.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet and mix until well combined.
- Scoop cookie dough onto cookie sheets in 2” size balls.
- Bake for 11-12 mins or until golden brown.
** Make your own vanilla by soaking whole vanilla beans in a small bottle of vodka for 2 mths.
Copyrighted by Amplified Health & Beauty