Updated: Jan 30, 2019
Homestyle Chicken Soup
Serves 6 with leftovers
· 2 L organic chicken broth
· 2 C diced celery **
· 2 C diced carrots
· 1 medium onion diced
· 6-8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (locally raised, grain fed)
· Olive oil
· 4 tbsp organic/kosher Italian herb blend
· 1/ ½ C egg noodles or brown vermicelli rice noodles (uncooked)
· Salt & pepper
· 4 C water
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and then add chicken thighs. Cover and simmer on low heat for 45 mins.
- In a large frying pan, sauté the onion, carrots, celery, with a healthy drizzle (2 tbsp) of olive oil on medium heat. Season with salt, pepper and Italian spice and cook until onions are translucent, and veggies are browned up nicely.
- After chicken has simmered for 45 mins, take out and dice up on a cutting board, then return to the water.
- Add chicken broth & sautéed vegetable mixture to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 mins on low, then add uncooked noodles, cooking them to al dente in the soup mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and enjoy!
** Celery is on the “dirty dozen” list meaning they are some of the produce testing the highest for pesticides. Purchasing organic is your best option to ensure highest nutrient intake, while minimizing harmful effects of pesticides on the body.
Copyrighted by Amplified Health & Beauty