Coconut Lime Chicken
Serves 4 with leftovers
· 6 organic or grain fed chicken breasts
· 2 tbsp coconut oil
· 1 can of pure coconut milk
· 1 cup organic chicken broth
· 2 tbsp organic cornstarch
· 1 medium onion diced
· 1/4 tsp chili flakes (or to desired heat)
· 1/2 tsp curry powder
· 1 large lime (or 2 small)
· Salt & pepper to taste
· Handful fresh cilantro chopped
- In a large skillet, melt coconut oil and brown both sides of the chicken on medium high heat. Set chicken aside in a separate dish.
- In the same skillet, add onions and sauté until caramelized. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- To the chicken broth, add coconut milk, chili flakes & curry powder. Bring to a light boil, then turn down to medium low heat.
- Juice lime into small bowl and mix in cornstarch until dissolved. Slice chicken breasts into large chunks.
- Add lime juice to milk mixture and stir until sauce thickens. Add the chicken back into the sauce and simmer on low for 30 mins.
- Salt & pepper to taste (I used a herb infused sea salt blend)
- Top with cilantro JUST before serving.
- Serve over wild/whole grain rice and pair with a healthy side of veggies!
Copyrighted by Amplified Health & Beauty