*NOTE: This is a MAKE AHEAD recipe. Although it is easy to make, you need to allow 4 hours for soaking the cashews and dates before you start, and 3 hours of freezing time.
This cake is DELISH! It tastes like a cross between a chocolate mousse and a cheesecake and you won't believe there is no dairy! I like this recipe because you can make it ahead and store it in your freezer until you are ready to serve it. I also doubled the batch (because I have a blender that would fit it) and made 2.
Let me know what you think!
Dreamy No Cheese Chocolate Cheesecake
Gluten Free – Dairy Free – No Bake
· 2 C raw cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours)
· 1 16oz can of coconut milk
· 1/3 C maple syrup
· ¾ C cocoa powder
· 2 tsp vanilla
· Juice of 1 lemon
· Pinch of sea salt
· 1 C of pitted dates (soaked for at least 4 hours)
· 1/3 C coconut milk or nut milk
· 1 tsp vanilla
· 2 C gluten free rolled oats
· ¾ C cocoa powder
** Serve with 2 cups of frozen mixed berries – pureed & Coconut whip cream
- Place cashews in a bowl of filtered water (covered) and soak for 4 hrs.
- Place dates in a bowl of filtered water (covered) and soak for 4 hrs.
- Line a greased springform pan (or 8” pan) with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or large blender combine soaked dates, milk and vanilla, and blend until semi-smooth.
- Add in cocoa powder and oats and blend until it forms a dough like consistency.
- Press dough into bottom of parchment lined pan.
- In a food processor blend the cashews and coconut milk until very smooth. Add the remainder of the filling ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Pour filling over crust and place in freezer for 3 hours.
- Take cheesecake out 30 mins before serving to let thaw a bit. (After cake has set you can serve frozen or just chilled)
- Serve with pureed berries and whip and ENJOY!!!!
Copyrighted by Amplified Health & Beauty