Serves 4 with Leftovers
(Pair with mixed greens)
· 2 C almond flour
· ¼ C arrowroot starch (or sprouted grain flour or GF flour)
· 1 organic egg**
· ¼ tsp salt
· 3 TBSP melted coconut oil
· 1 TBSP maple syrup
· 6 organic eggs **
· ¼ C Almond milk or organic milk **
· 2 handfuls of spinach chopped
· 1 sweet bell pepper diced
· 3 green onions diced
· ½ C old cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg
- For the crust: combine first 6 ingredients in your food processor (or blender – I use my vitamix) and mix until well combined.
- Firmly press crust mixture into a pie pan and bake for 10-15 mins until light golden brown.
- While crust is baking, crack six eggs into a medium sized bowl and whisk together with ¼ C almond milk.
- Mix in prepared veggies and cheese (if desired) with egg mixture, salt and pepper to taste and pour over crust.
- Bake quiche for about 40-45 mins or until the center is set.
- Serve warm with a side of mixed greens! Enjoy!
** If possible, organic protein choices are always your healthiest option, but next best is to purchase your meat/eggs from a local farmer who can ensure the animals are fed a non GMO diet.
Copyrighted by Amplified Health & Beauty