This is hands down the BEST thai chicken salad recipe! My kids request I make this all the time, and one of them even had this at their birthday party - his choice over pizza : )
Thai Chicken Salad
· 1 medium pre-roasted chicken (cook night before or purchase cooked)**
· ½ of a purple cabbage sliced very thin
· 1 sweet red pepper sliced thin
· 1 bag of matchstick carrots
· 1 large cucumber sliced thin
· 1 package of non GMO Asian vermicelli rice noodles
· 3 small green onions chopped small and 1 cup of crushed cashews for topping salad.
· ½ c extra virgin olive oil
· 2 tbsp sesame oil
· ½ c organic soya sauce
· Juice of 2 limes
· 4 garlic cloves
· 4 tbsp of maple syrup
· 2 tbsp fresh ginger
· ½ tsp chili flakes
· ¼ c almond butter
- Dice up the breast and thighs of the chicken and put the drumsticks in the fridge for something else.
- Prepare the rest of the veg as listed.
- In a medium pot boil 6 cups of water for the rice noodles. If you want to serve your noodles warm, cook as directed right before you are ready to serve your salad.
- For the dressing, measure all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Layer individual plates with the following: cooked rice noodles, then the veggies, & chicken. Topping with a generous serving of the dressing, cashews and green onion if desired.
** If possible, organic protein choices are always your healthiest option, but next best is to purchase your meat from a local farmer who can ensure the animals are fed a non GMO diet.
Copyrighted by Amplified Health & Beauty